Opinions may differ on this, but it may be best to at least consult with a long term disability lawyer before even applying for ltd benefits, simply to know what you may be up against, and to properly prepare in anticipation of this. Unlike social security disability claims, ltd, or long term disability claims, are handled on the basis of a legal contract entered into by two parties, the ltd carrier and the long term disability claim holder. And as we all know, contracts are typically written to favor the writer of the contract. Consulting with a long term disability lawyer can help you clarify and understand both the terms and provisions of your policy and, if you choose to retain representation early in the process, may signal to your insurance company that your claim should receive proper, thorough, and fair consideration.
Additional Questions and Answers
- If my long term disability insurance company unfairly denies my LTD claim, can I sue them?
- How can having a long term disability attorney help you win your ltd case ?
- How similar is social security disability to long term disability benefits ?
- How much does it cost to hire a long term disability attorney or LTD lawyer ?
- Should you use a social security attorney who has been picked by your long term disability insurance company ?